Saturday, January 3, 2009

Weekly Update - 38 Weeks


How your baby's growing: Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds (haha yeah right! Moya is already over 8!) and she's over 19 1/2 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

How I am feeling: Snow is gone, maternity benefits are now in effect, nursery is done enough, I'm SOOO ready to have the baby now. :) For most of this pregnancy my pelvic bone has hurt to some degree. But it had been better lately. However, the other day I sat wrong and when I went to stand up I couldn't walk. I had to call Brad to come help me and bring me a cane. It started to get better but then I sneezed and couldn't walk again!
It pretty much hurts all the time now and I have be super careful not to aggravate it so much that I can't walk. I told my doctor about it and she said I probably have a pulled ligament. So that is my biggest complaint at the moment. It's hard enough walking around with this belly without my butt hurting.
Other then that I'm just huge. But I feel like the end is near and I'm trying not to rush it away. This is the last time I'll get to experience this so as painful as moments may be I want to enjoy it. .. but not for to much longer. :)

No comments: