Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weekly Update - 40 Weeks (give or take)

Well I know this update is early. I'm not technically 40 weeks until Saturday the 17th (my due date). But I am so close to it that I wanted to go ahead and have the update. Plus, going by the ultrasounds due date I'm at 40 weeks today, so I figure I can go ahead and say 40 weeks now.


from babycenter.com

How your baby's growing: It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (average for some but laughable for me) and is about 20 inches long. Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

How I am feeling: Well after yesterday's events I actually, and ironically, feel a bit better about things. Knowing I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and knowing that my doctor won't let me go past Sunday gives me some relief. Just knowing that next week I'll have Moya in my arms instead of my belly takes a lot of mental pressure off. That said... last night sucked. I woke up at 1am in just horrible pain. I actually thought I was in labor! But I went to the bathroom, walked around and went back to lay down and obviously I wasn't in labor (well... hard labor anyway). So I didn't sleep good.

No comments: