Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big Ouchy

Moya and I were playing in the pool outside after dinner on Sunday night. She likes to put rose pettals in the pool so she walked over to the climbing rose. I grabed her hand and reached up to get a flower for her. She stumbled and her hand was slippery from the water and she slipped out of my grasp and landed on the stalk of the rose bush right on all the thick sharp thorns!! :( She screachs and I pull her up and hold her. She is doing that cry where she doesn't make any noise but is just bawling buckets of tears! :( I hold her and rock her to calm her down. Gaga and Belle come running down and bring her a pacifier. Belle was the first to get to her and gave her kisses and hugs while I held her. I told her what happened and she told Gaga.

After Moya calmed down I knew I needed to look at her leg to see how bad it was. I was hoping it was just some mild scratches. But when I looked down at my lap I saw I was covered in blood!

So I just gather her up and we head to the bathroom. I rinse her off in the tub and clean her up. Daddy, who had been in the bathroom when it happened, came in now and heard what happened. After Moya was clean Gaga held her while I cleaned the wound. Belle and Daddy destracted her over Gaga's shoulder. I cleaned it and bandaged it up. It turned out not to be a deap cut but it was pretty nasty looking and very tender.

But bless my tough girl's little heart after that first cry she was just a trouper about it. I gave her tylenol that night and she did grab at it a few times saying "oow" but otherwise she's not paid it any mind. She does lean to the left however when sitting.

The picture I took of it was after 2 days of healing. So it looks way better then it did. I had to warn Alysa however when I brought her over Monday morning. I didn't want her going to change her diaper and freaking out. She was grateful for that after I showed it too her. She told me later that all Moya's friends there saw it and gave her lots of sympathy and hugs. :) I laughed that Moya should have charged people a quarter to see it!

Poor baby. I HATE when my kids get hurt! :(


... sooooo putting something around that rose bush!

No comments: