Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sleep Struggles


Moya periodically will just refuse to sleep. Most of the time she's a good sleeper but every once in awhile no matter how dead dog tired she is she just won't!
Last night was one of those nights. She was sleepy and I tried for an hour to get her to go to sleep. She would fall asleep in my arms but then wake up and cry or do so the moment I laid her down. If I tried just laying her down awake she would sit up and cry.
I finally just took her into the living room with Brad and I for awhile. She was perfectly happy to sit in Daddy's lap and watch A-Ha's "Take on Me" video over and over again on his iphone.
The worst part is that you'd think once she did fall asleep she'd sleep well and long. Nope! When she has one of these episodes she will finally go to sleep (after a fight) but then will wake early and doze and then finally get up after only a few hours. Like last night... she finally went to sleep some time after midnight, then started waking and dozing around 5am. That went on until 6:30. She then went back to sleep but woke up for good at 7:30.
Hoping she does better tonight. Typically she doesn't do it two nights in a row so I am crossing my fingers. Yes it is tough on me but I feel worse for her!

No comments: