Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bath Phobia

Moya was sick first part of April. On the night she vomited I had to give her a quick second bath.. for obvious reasons. At the time I thought nothing of it but apparently it scared her! For weeks afterwards every time I took her into the bathroom for her bath she was start crying hysterically! :( This was really devastating because her bath time is our special time. Our normal routine is to go in and she shuts the door and we both say "Uh-oh!" and I'd finish by saying "uh-oh it's Moya/Mommy time!" And she'd smile and giggle. We have such fun with her bath times! It was so sad that now it was a trauma for her!

The first few times after the vomit episode I had to REALLY work at it to keep her entertained in the bath and our baths were very short. After a week or so it got to the point that once I got her in and got her laughing she would be fine as long as I kept her engaged. Then after another week or so she would only cry while I got her in but then was fine. But now... YAY!! No tears at all!! We are back to liking our bath and the phobia is over. Now it is smiles and "uh-oh" and all good. sigh.... so relieved. And next time she vomits I'm going to keep this in mind. Even if it means sitting with a smelly baby I'm going to wait until she's calm before bathing her.

No comments: