Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weekly Update - 28 Weeks

How your baby's growing: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How am I feeling: Well this is the start of the third trimester. That in itself is enough to freak me out! I knew this would go fast but it just seems like I blinked and now I'm in the final trimester! I'm starting to feel the urge to get things in order. I did up all the baby clothing laundry and am getting that put away and clearing out space in our room for the changing table and bassinet. Also am starting to get the hospital bags ready. I know it is still early but every woman I know who has put it off ended up having to send their husband home to try and guess what she'll need and throw it in a bag. I'd rather just not have to worry about that. :) Plus I want Belle to have stuff in her bag to make her feel more a part of the entire process.

Anyway, other then that I'm feeling fine. Just huge. Oh! I got the results back from the glucose test and they were normal! Yay! ... and thank god!

No comments: