Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baby Shower


We had the baby shower today. I originally didn't care to have one but Belle made it clear I most definitely would be having a shower. :) And with Brad and my mom backing her up I was outnumbered.

And it was fun. Not a huge party just a few friends. I wish some of the family could have been there but with the trip to Disneyland having just happened and the holidays and Noah's birthday coming up... the timing just sucked. I mean it would have come down to them coming for this or coming when after Moya is born, and frankly that's a no brainer!.

Anyway, my mom made the food which was good. I found with the help of Melissa a bunch of good recipes. A Lavosh dish which was sooooo yummy, some stuffed mushrooms, some brochette, and then some veggies and fruit and dip along with some store bought cheesy things for the kids that were there.

The cake was a last minute order from QFC. I had this grand idea for a cake I was going to make but I had to do it under a time crunch. Well that didn't work out and I ended up totally destroying my creation. Sooo... I ordered one. :)

The decor I wanted more of a fall theme then an overly baby theme, so we went with brown, green, and pink (had to have one baby color in there). It all ended up looking very lovely.

The guest where; Doug and his daughter Elle, Scott and Bri, Carol and her daughter Nora, Tanya, Dalia and Nadeen (Nadeen goes to school with Belle), and then of course my mom, Brad, Belle and I.


We had fun and played some silly games and visited. I got some nice gifts from everyone. Bri and Scott hung out for awhile after the party which was nice since they'd been out of town and we'd not gotten to see them in a long while. Bri is pregnant too, due about a month after me. So we compared pregnancy notes.

All in all it was a lot of fun and I am glad I had a shower after all. Belle seemed to really enjoy it too. :)

No comments: