Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aaah... Motherhood

Moya has been ill... cough and snot and all that lovely horribleness. Well the cough has a side effect of causing her to vomit sometimes. Last night she started coughing weird in her sleep. We go in and I pick her up and ta-da I get vomited on.... covered. It's funny how after the first bad diaper, the first phlegm filled spew, the handful of... god knows what, your kid hands you... ya just end up not being grossed out by it all any more. I held her in the bathroom while she vomited all down my back. My biggest worry at the time was "oh dear she got vomit on Belle's bath toys... gotta remember to clean those or Belle will freak out." :)

Anyway, poor baby was SOOO unhappy vomiting. Not that anyone enjoys it. But we got her cleaned up, I changed and washed most of the vomit off me, and I got her back to bed. Curled up with her on the mattress in her room and watched her like a time bomb hoping she wouldn't blow up again. She didn't thankfully.

Hopefully this nastiness will go away soon.

No comments: