Sunday, June 13, 2010

Beatrex Potter Books


Someone gave Belle a set of Beatrix Potter books several years ago. Belle liked them fine of course but we had moved them onto Moya's bookshelf more to make room for Belle's growing "big kid books" then anything else. Well Moya has been after then forever now. Finally we gave her one to look at. We had been nervous to because typically her method of "looking" at a book consists of a good amount of chewing and pulling and ripping if she can. I like these books and while I don't mind some kid roughness on them I didn't want them eaten and reduced to mulch.
Surprisingly Moya does not treat them like other books. She is pretty gentle with them and I have not seen her once put them in her mouth. She will spend a long time just looking at them and chatter-reading to herself and, here is the weird bit, occasionally smelling them. Yes smelling. I dunno, but apparently they have a good smell. :)

No comments: