Monday, November 16, 2009

I Broke the Baby... First Trip to the Dentist

... I broke the baby. :( We were sitting together the other day and she just lunged forward and hit her face on the metal bar of her little playpen thing. She didn't hurt herself badly at all except that she chipped one of her teeth! :( I freaked and called the dentist. He was really nice and said no self respecting kid doesn't chip a tooth at some point. He asked a bunch of questions about her tooth, all of which my answers to were good. Meaning it sounded like the only real damage to her was superficial. As luck would have it Belle had an appointment for a cleaning the following Monday so he said to bring Moya along and he would file the tooth to make it smooth.


So on Monday I took the girls in and after Belle's cleaning Doctor Dave filed down Moya's tooth. He assured me it doesn't hurt but but she cried a little because she had to be constrained and it was a funny feeling to have that sandpaper on her tooth. After she and Belle both got tooth brushes and big smiles... and no more shaggy chipped tooth! :)

No comments: