Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Month Old

Moya is now a month old! Boy does time fly. I can't believe how much she's changed already. She's still in the "slug phase" as we call it. But she is becoming more alert and focusing on people more. She also smiles and chatters some... she has such a sweet voice.

She sleeps pretty good at night. She'll eat around 11pm and go to sleep, wake once to eat and then go back to sleep until around 7 or 8am.

She also is no longer having any formula and hasn't since she was about 2 weeks old. My milk came in with a vengeance. Unfortunately she mostly eats via breast milk in a bottle. She got use to the bottle due to the formula and while she will take the boob she grumps about it. :) And I'd be willing to deal with that and fight her on it but I have to admit that being able to bottle feed her the breast milk really has made life easier since we also have Belle to deal with. I nurse her from the boob about once a day now and bottle feed and pump the rest. I'd worried I'd miss that closeness from only boob feeding but I still feel close to her when bottle feeding... I love how she looks up at me when she can be face up and see me while eating. :) Plus it Brad really loves being able to feed her too.

Moya also had a little cold this first month. Nothing major just a little one. Her right eye just started gooping up like mad and she had a lot of snot. The grosses thing I've ever seen come out of anyone's nose came out of my little pretty baby girl's. I was suctioning out some boggies and out of her nose plopped what looked like a dark green caterpillar! It was about half an inch long and just solid bugger! It was huge and gross. I should have taken a picture of it. :)

The doctor gave her medicine for her eye but nothing for the nose caterpillar... maybe she'll start sneezing butterflies! :)

In other news, Belle has asked if we know if Moya will be a stinker like her or not. I told her it took us until around 3 months old to know Belle would be so we should know soon enough. :)

No comments: